To make a really good brown sugar skin exfoliant, you only need a few very simple ingredients:
Mix a bit of brown sugar with olive oil until you make a paste. You can use any massage oil instead of olive oil, even baby oil if you have some around. Add to this a few drops of Vitamin E oil (you can buy it in a bottle or in caplets; break the caplet open).
This is a very basic recipe to build on and add other ingredients to if you wish:
- Add a bit of cinnamon powder if your skin is problematic and you suffer from acne or pimples.
- Crush an Aspirin into it if your skin is prone to inflammation and redness.
- Lavender oil, a drop or two, will not only relax the body and mind, but will soothe irritated or reddened skin. Chamomile essential oil will do the same thing. If you are looking for an energy boost, spice it up with peppermint, spearmint or eucalyptus oil.
- A pinch or two of sea salt will increase the scrubbing power of this exfoliant.
- A drop or two of freshly squeezed lemon juice added to this mix is good not only for oily skin but to open up pores and cleanse the skin thoroughly. While you're at it, add some lemon rind to it for an extra cleanse.
- If your skin needs extra moisture, add some honey or aloe vera gel (store bought or squeezed out of a fresh aloe vera leaf - available at better stores).
See, it is that simple!
Natural skin care recipes are meant to be simple to make and this brown sugar skin exfoliant cannot be more simple (and effective). Enjoy!