An anti - bacterial homemade deodorant recipe is easy to prepare and use. It kills the bacterial growth, which is responsible for the awful smell that emits, and leaves a fragrant smell. If you only use the base for odor removal, it will make way for further smell. Therefore, it is necessary to add essential oils and fragrances to make the deodorant smell good.
A homemade deodorant recipe can be prepared by adding essential oils of your choice to the unscented deodorant. However, making a homemade deodorant recipe from scratch guarantees freshness of the product as well as the option to create it with scents of your choice.
Here are 6 natural deodorant recipes:
1. 1 cup of witch hazel, 2 tsp of zinc oxide powder, 3-4 drops of lavender oil, 3-4 drops of geranium essential oil, and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil. Mix and apply with cotton balls.
2. 2 tbsp of beeswax, 6 drops of lemon grass oil, 6 drops of rosemary oil, 6 drops of lavender oil, and 6 tbsp of almond oil. Heat the beeswax in medium flame. When it begins to melt, stir in almond oil. Remove from heat and add the remaining essential oils. Let it cool down and then store in containers. For using, take little and rub under the arms.
3. 2 tbsp of rosewater, 2 tbsp of glycerin, essential oils, 30 grams of beeswax, and 30 grams of cocoa butter. Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter separately. After they melt, add in glycerin, rosewater, and any essential oil of your choice. Let it cool down for few hours and fill the mixture in deodorant sticks. Apply whenever necessary!
4. 120 gram of baking soda, 230 grams of corn starch, 60 ml of liquid chlorophyll, 120 ml of vodka, 120 ml of distilled water, 450 gram of beeswax, and 25-30 drops of any essential oil of your choice. Melt the beeswax in medium heat and on a double boiler. Remove from heat and add everything, except for chlorophyll and essential oils. Once the mixture begins to cool, add chlorophyll and essential. After its completely cooled off, package into deodorant containers or molds.
5. This recipe is in powder form. Ingredients are 4 parts of powdered sandalwood, 2 part of powdered white oak bark and 2 part of powdered lovage root. Mix the herbs in food processor. Remove the herbal powder and light roast them in a frying pan. Later, place the powder into bags or pouches and use them whenever necessary.
6. 3 tbsp of beeswax, 1 tbsp of cocoa butter, 2 tbsp of coconut oil, 30 drops of thyme essential oil, 30 drops of rosemary essential oil, 50 drops of lavender essential oil, and 6 drops of Castor oil. Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter in double boiler. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. Pour into molds or containers and leave for the mixture to cool down and harden, to gain shape!
Check out this homemade natural deodorants recipes video for more ideas:
Looking for a specific recipe, home remedy or ingredient? Type the word and browse through the results.