This jojoba winter facial was sent to us by Sarah. Jojoba is perfect for the winter as it is a great moisturizer. Jojoba oil is recommended for sensitive skin because it can moisturize and soften the skin up without causing any overt reactions. It has antibacterial properties so it is considered a good ingredients for skin care recipes targeting acne and skin infections.
Jojoba Winter Facial
You will need:
1. You can put wet washcloths in a veggie steamer and get them nice and hot. Make sure you cool them a little by shaking them in the air and test the heat on your arm skin. If you can put on your arm with out it burning then slowly try your face skin. Steam your face with this hot wash cloth or hold your head over a bowl steaming water with a towel covering your head to trap steam. Let steam for a good minute.
2. Now take a wet washcloth, you can use the same one, and scrub the dead skin from your face. You can use a face scrub now as well.
3. Rinse well.
4. Now wash face with the jojoba oil mix, really massage it into your pores and into dry areas. It pulls toxins from the pores.
5. Next, rinse the skin. You can use a washcloth to remove oil and more dead skin and impurities.
6. Dry your face with a clean towel.
7. Now take which hazel on a cotton ball and use as an astringent. You shouldn't need to moisturize as your face will be naturally moisturized by the oils and which hazel.
Ah, don't you feel better?
Thanks Sarah, great recipe!
Looking for a specific recipe, home remedy or ingredient? Type the word and browse through the results.